Sunday, March 15, 2009

More Making Paper Leaves


Tango close up

I LOVE paper! There are so many things you can do with it. It's a medium with no bounds. You can make something so tiny and fragile that it will dissolve in a raindrop. Or you can make something that is substantial enough to sit upon or even perhaps to live in... so long as you don't run with scissors! *wink*

Tango a leaf sculpture by Jan Moulder

I delight in making unusual things out of paper. Here is another type of paper leaf I made from my Peas in a Pod series. It was created by putting together a twig frame and then wrapping wet paper around the twigs. After it dried I painted it with acrylic paints and then dry brushed with gold. The richness and depth of the texture, which is hard to see in these pictures, makes my mouth water! The 'peas' are made using another method which I will reveal in a later post.

Tango back


7 comments:

  1. Jan, I LOVE this! I haven't checked your shop yet, but if you don't make these to sell you should. This is beautiful and the 'peas' are the perfect complement to the leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your ingenuity astounds me! this piece is quite beautiful - I love the exposed twigs - and if the gold we see in the images are just hints, I can only imagine the impact when viewed in person.

    Q: what are the dimensions of this piece?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, I don't remember the exact dimensions, but it's probably about 18-20 inches long and 9 wide.

    What price range would you expect for something like this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! It looks amazing! It's sooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan.. you are truly an inspiration, Your work, creativity, imagination as well as your energy has made me want to work a little harder towards my goals as an artist. Thank you so much!!!
    Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, I am honored! You have a true talent and unique voice and I am excited to see where you go with your art. Keep in touch! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love your work! I love working with paper as well and look forward to learning more papermaking techniques! You are truly an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete